Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I have my first Ebay success

Just so you know, the whole US Government has its panties in a wad over the RSA hacking thing.  I don't feel too bad because I'm a belt and suspenders kinda girl, and the keyfobs are just, like, the clip on one of the suspenders.  But it sure did make for a lot of uproar at work today.

In non-work news, my first ever ebay auctions finally completed!  And I got $170+ for each of the items I put up, which was about $70 more than I was hoping to get for each one.  So you could say I'm mildly happy.  I printed out labels tonight, and I'll drop the boxes off at the post office in the morning.  And I sincerely hope the recipients have much joy and go on many adventures with their new tents.

With that success under my belt, I'm next planning to put up my ULA Fusion backpack and my Six Moon Designs Wild Oasis shelter.  I want to sell a saddle too but I need to get a good box first.  Maybe two good boxes.  I am dubious of my dressage saddle's selling prospects.  I'm not sure it's worth it to even try.  But the all purpose saddle should sell just fine.

I also got my huge REI dividend today and I am really looking forward to an REI trip.  Perhaps I'll get a new fleece top.  Or a new Steripen.  Or who knows!  REI is one of those stores where I can spend a LOT of money. 

In quadruped news, I have not gotten blood test results back for the horse.  The lab only does the tests on Tuesday and Thursday so if I didn't get them today I probably won't have them until Friday.  (I hold out hope for a late evening call from the vet.  She called at 9 with results last week.) And his lymph node has started oozing again, so he's back to wearing a flymask lined with a diaper.  I am sure he is thrilled.  The dog is feeling pretty good but is taking some liver damage from the drugs.  We're keeping a close eye on her - if she loses her appetite, that's very bad.  But so far she is acting almost normal, and far better than three weeks ago.  We're happy to have our silly little yellow dog back, after some scary times with a sad, moaning dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment