Friday, March 25, 2011

Fantastic news

And the verdict is:  It's definitely not strangles!  Bonnie and I, and Pluto and Mystery, are free to come and go!  Bonnie was out today (before the quarantine got lifted) and Pluto was running around and making a nuisance of himself, and being too hot in his blanket, so I hope yesterday was an aberration.

Of course, we still don't know WHAT is going on with him.  Vet says that by Monday the culture may come back with more information.  If not, maybe another round of sulfa drugs.  Cause that worked so well before.

Anyway, I am thrilled just to have the quarantine lifted.  And to know it's not strangles, so I don't have to worry about the responsibility of not infecting all my friends' horses.  So, now I can focus on Pluto getting better.  Not that my focus probably makes any difference.

In non-Pluto news, I posted another item on Ebay!  I am all puffed up with my own importance.  Look at me with my Ebay-selling prowess.  And my history of two whole sold items, which haven't even arrived at their final destinations yet.  Nonetheless!  I am psyched.  Yay for making room in the gear closet!  And yay for gear going to people who might actually use it!

I planned a bunch of stuff for this weekend.  I am quite, quite certain that it is not all getting done.  But for your edification, here's the list:

windy's party
caulk bathtub
hike greenbelt park
spend my dividend at rei
do the laundry
lower the paperwork level on the desk
dismantle backpack

And now I must add

hold Pluto for the farrier

So that's a lot for one weekend.  Three or four of those items is going to have to be pruned out.  Barring blizzard, I think it's safe to say we're going to the party.  And laundry is kind of important.  And I *have* to meet the farrier.  So my desk might still have a potential avalanche on it on Monday, and my dividend may still be burning a hole in my pocket.  And Greenbelt Park may remain unhiked.

Jury is out on the tub.  I'm not sure I can ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment