Monday, March 14, 2011

It's just like being on the trail, really

Today is the one year anniversary of my thruhike attempt.  In retrospect it was fairly apropos. 

I got up before dawn.  There was no heat on and it was chilly.  I ate in the dark and got my stuff together for the day.  I forgot to put out all the food I needed for my lunch.  I traveled all over creation, getting underway before it was fully light out.  I saw animals and walked in mud.  I took a picture of something interesting on a trail.


I had put my tent up poorly.  It collapsed before I was ready to pack it up.  I had to crawl under the slack fabric of the roof to get everything out so I could roll it up and put it away.






I munched my way through (fairly healthy) snacks all afternoon.  Dinner was kind of a hodgepodge but it was delicious.

I walked and felt fine doing it, but afterward I was pretty achy.  I decided not to lift any weights.

In the evening, small furry critters ran around and got into all my stuff.





And at the end of the day, I am happy to be alive and doing what I'm doing.  A pretty typical day for a hiker.

No comments:

Post a Comment