Thursday, September 8, 2011

Unnecessary Capitolization

Can you believe I'm the only one who didn't have trouble getting into the office today?  I thought it would be pretty quiet, what with everybody else out due to flooding, but it turned out really busy.  I even ended up telecommuting a bit after I came home.  That's no kind of fair.

OH MY!  Okay the thunder and lightning are getting closer and louder.  I've already Xanaxed the dog (When did Xanax become a verb?) and I can't really take Xanax myself because I've been hitting the old wine bottle(1) but just this second I wish I could.  My heart's still jumping.

Central Maryland has been pretty watery the last few days.  The Beltway flooded.  Route 50 flooded.  Various local roads flooded.  None that would prevent me from working, though.  Sadly.  Ideally the roads would have flooded immediately after a chocolate/french fries/cola/beer store.  That way I could stock up on supplies and then go home.

I started making a hurricane to do list last night.  I described it to JD, and he mentioned that we really needed to make bug out bags.  I pointed out that he's been saying that for five years now.  And we laughed, and hugged each other.  Yeah, when push comes to shove we're dead.  Because we're lazy.  Everybody who actually made a bugout bag?  Please feed our dog after we're gone.

DeLee texted me a picture (okay I realize that sounds like a contradiction but it's not) of her right foot this morning, and I realized that we were not going to be going backpacking this weekend.  Her foot still has insane large blisters on it, everywhere that her housemate pulled a larval tick off of her.  If those were in fact larval ticks.  It looks like her foot has the plague.  Good lord.  I am not crazy enough about backpacking to try to force one of my best friends to wear a boot when her foot is about to FALL OFF.  So, new plans for this weekend.

Of course, my new plans probably shouldn't involve being outdoors with the FLASH FLOODING.  Maybe I'll read a book.

1) Clos du Bois merlot, betches

2 comments:

  1. I figure you'd need to take water wings if you decided to go hiking this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shenandoah hasn't been getting the rain. Pretty much just us.

    ReplyDelete