Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sometimes I'm easily distr- oh look, shiny!

Oh thank goodness I have Eddy back.  He's driving smooth, too.  It was good to be in the driver's seat again.  I picked him up after work today.  Rabies is now parked again and I hope not to drive her for a good long while.  I got tired of planning extra space around everything.  And parking at the back of the lot because she's too big for any of the normal parking spaces, that got on my nerves.

A typical scene in my living room.

This cat has had too much caffeine.
I didn't get a ton of sleep last night.  JD's plane was delayed due to tornadoes.  I did finally get to sleep before he got home.  JUST before he got home.  I wasn't terribly alert when he came in.  I woke up and from under the pillow I observed the dog tilting her head from side to side.  Generally she would get up and start barking and whining when JD came home, but last night she just put her head back down.  The next time I opened my eyes, I could see a naked man from mid thigh to mid chest.  Which, I admit, made me open my eyes a bit wider.  And then I mumbled a sleepy "Hi, honey" and went back to sleep.

This morning, I kept hitting the snooze alarm for over half an hour. I finally pried myself out of bed with the promise of caffeine.  Caffeine AND a breakfast sandwich.  I was actually dressed and down the stairs before I remembered that I would be driving Rabies.  I've been avoid drive-thrus because I don't see myself successfully navigating the little lanes without taking out any curbs or menu displays.

Fortunately the cafeteria at work reopened not long ago, and they cook up breakfast sandwiches.  It wasn't greasy like McDonald's, and it didn't come with hash browns like McDonald's, but it was good.  And I got to have strawberries and watermelon on the side.

I'm still feeling a bit disjointed.  My train of thought derailed last night, around the time my attic fan started making jackhammer noises.  It stopped, but that was the last time I had any luck in.. what was I talking about again?  I have no idea.

Okay I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment