Friday, September 23, 2011

Crates at 3; cats horrified

Today was Olli & Nazca's checkup at the vet's.  They both freaked the heck out when I was trying to get them into crates to go there.  Olli, we found out when we got there, peed in his crate and then soaked in it.  I'm pretty sure that's why he was rocketing around inside his crate - to avoid his own pee.  Poor guy.  Nazca bounced off the walls of the house (literally) and made several impressive escape attempts, including moving the box with which I had blocked the opening in the pet gate.  He peed outside the crate when we finally cornered him.  Not fun to clean up, but better than him soaking in it like his brother.

My cats smell great now.

We got both of them chipped in case they escape the house and go for a meander around the block.  Also I told the vet how Nazca is the least athletic cat ever (when it comes to jumping) and she was a little concerned.  She tested his vision but he was so freaked out that she couldn't tell if he wasn't reacting because of vision issues or because of the freaking.  She also drew blood for a blood test for cardiomyopathy.  I'm hoping he's just a weirdo.  More expensive medical issues we don't need.

After all the excitement I am worn out.  We're planning a quiet evening on the sofa, catching up on Warehouse 13.  And I think the weekend will see some blissful sleeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment