Monday, September 12, 2011

Apparently the Internet isn't ready for my husband in his boxer shorts

So, no blog yesterday.  We were having too much excitement at the house.  Excitement of the plumbing variety.  And that isn't redneck sexy talk.  The kitchen sink drain plugged up.

We tried Drano, and we tried boiling water, and we tried twenty feet of plumbing snake.  I was of the opinion that we should call a plumber but what with JD being a man, that wasn't an option.  I was also of the opinion that he should put on pants and a shirt before dealing with water full of caustic chemicals, but apparently that was ALSO not an option.[1]  I have a picture but JD won't let me put it on the Internet.

Eventually, after two hours of pipe removal and banging and gross black goop and other unpleasantness which included shouting, "we" concluded that we would need to call a plumber in.  And so I did today.  He ran out 35 foot of snake, powered by this vibrationy tripod thing, and that was apparently enough to fix it.  Also he disparaged my 20-140 year old plumbing, and I couldn't really disagree.  It's not exactly top notch work.

I'm not quite done with the plumbing company.  They're coming back Wednesday to do an additional video inspection of the pipes.  Whee!  Maybe they'll find Jimmy Hoffa.

While all this was going on, I was trying not to scratch.  My poison ivy has stopped growing, I think.  It's pretty horrendous.  Well, part of it is horrendous and part of it is just normal poison ivy.  The spot where I got the most exposure (I'm guessing) is red and swollen and kind of hurty in addition to the itching.  It should be all gone by about the twelfth of never.

I have elephantiasis of the arm flab.  Note dab of normal poison ivy in the elbow.

Prior to our household excitement, JD and I drove out to the farm to see Pluto.  What with all my various itchy spots and what have you, I had no plan to ride.  Instead I pulled Pluto out of the field and subjected him to Barbie Horse.  He hates this and normally refuses, so I had JD stand in front of him with a handful of cookies and it improved his attitude substantially.  I Showsheened the heck out of his mane[2] and trimmed it shorter so that it will not develop rasta locks soon.  I hope.  And then I took his picture for posterity.

Aw, handsomeness.


[1] As far as I can tell he sustained no chemical burns

[2] Showsheen = "No More Tangles" for horses

No comments:

Post a Comment