Tuesday, September 20, 2011

At least I ended the day with all my teeth basically intact

I think I'm on a 48 hour schedule with Lyme.  I feel bad starting in the evening, feel bad for about two days, then I feel good on the third evening.  Feel good for about two days, then feel bad on the third evening.

Today would be the start of the bad two days.  Unfortunately, the timetable leads me to believe that I will feel fine this Saturday morning, and crappy Saturday evening.  Guess when I'm having people over?

Things that went wrong today:

1)  Didn't finish straightening up before the maid service got to the house, so I was running around, stepping over their gear.  Then, due to fluster-ment, I..
2)  Left my cellphone home.  Discovered that I have an extremely strong addiction to it.  Got all twitchy as I kept reaching for it and then remembering it wasn't there.
3)  Ate a Lara bar and it pulled out my stupid crown.  It was last recemented in January, as it turns out.  The dentist was able to fit me in right away.  That was nice.  He says that since it's come out twice in the last year, we need to redo the crown.  They're checking to make sure insurance will cover the procedure, and then I have to go in and have my tooth stub whittled down more.  Yay.
4)  Picked up a late lunch, and as I started eating it I began to have fever and chills.  And ickiness.  However the lunch was good.
5)  I telecommuted the rest of the day, so I missed the surprise visit from the building manager.  He wanted to tell me that once again I've been volunteered to be a Fire Warden.  I did that for fifteen damn years in the last building, and for what?  No remuneration, that's for sure.  Not much in the way of thanks.  And whenever we had fire drills, the Incident Commanders were assholes to me.  I will be bringing up all these points to the building manager when we meet later this week.

Good things that happened today:

1) Worked on implementing Operation Get Cats in Carriers.  I divided dinner into two parts.  All of the kibble was placed at the backs of the three cat carriers so that the cats had to go into them to eat.  I did that once at three and once at five.
2)  Was proven correct and did not gloat (except here).
3)  JD made a tasty dinner.  The garlic and cilantro naan was the best part.
4)  Found a nice listing of a bunch of long distance hiking trails in the United States.  I've been looking for just such a thing.  Unfortunately a bunch of them aren't fully completed, but it's a good starting point.
5)  Worked out a good option for my next hike with DeLee in a couple of weeks, stupid spirochetes permitting.
6)  And determined that my co-worker isn't leaving town for the winter holidays so I am free to schedule Christmas with my folks as I please.  Next, looking up plane flights.

It hasn't happened yet, but I am hoping for some kitty snuggle time and some recreational netflixing this evening.  Life in the fast lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment