Monday, April 30, 2012

Bo Diddley put the Rock in Rock & Roll

When I left you last it was a really long time ago, and it is TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT because our network connection and phone were down for four days.  Also, I went to the beach.


Mr Diddly.  We aren't on a first name basis yet.  His mom calls him Bo.

JD and I went for a long walk on the beach and found a washed up dolphin.  Sadly, long past being saved.  Sniffle.

Joy had this game called Rummikub which I quite liked despite losing spectacularly.

Not losing as badly as me.  He looks smug, doesn't he?

Joy winning suspiciously well.  

John mostly is just playing to be nice.

I went to the beach, AND I saw a rainbow!

The Weeping Radish.  We stopped in for lunch.  The butchery was not obvious.  I hope they weren't butchering the cute goats out front.  I didn't see any goat on the menu.  But after my beer flight I might not have been reading that well.  The owner offered us some SPECTACULAR mustard to go with dinner, and we liked it so much we bought a bottle.  It's Lusty Monk brand.  We might have a mustard problem.
I love John and Joy.  It's a perk that they're at the beach, but I would have gone to Newark to see them.  (Not that they live in Newark.  They actually live (most of the time) somewhere super cool.  Newark is just the first awful place I can think of to go visiting.) They're fun and friendly and nice and all sorts of good things.  And awesome cooks.  We drank a lot of wine and chatted with Mr. Diddly and generally had a good time.

My ears started kinda hurting over the weekend, and they hurt rather a lot by the time we got home.  So I went to the doctor today.  I hoped I wouldn't get put on those antibiotics that make me sunburn.  The doc has hired a physician's assistant who appears to be sharp as a tack.  In a good way.  Turns out, I have TMJ.  Or I guess a TMJ flareup.  I already had TMJ and I thought it was being managed by my night time bite guard.  What had me so stressed out at the beach?  Were the scallops too good?  The happiness was too much to bear?  I laughed too hard?  That last is possible, actually.  John was cracking me up.

So now I'm supposed to take a lot of ibuprofen for a week.  She made me promise never to take it on an empty stomach because of some silly thing like "bleeding ulcers" or the like.  Sheesh.  I assured her that I would have a snack.  Also, I'm supposed to avoid chewy or crunchy foods for a week, ice my jaw, and... Shit.  There was one other thing.  This is what I get for not writing things down.  Oh!  Take antihistamines, in case allergies are contributing.

You know, it is quite uncomfortable to ice one's jaw.

I guess I'll be having a lot of oatmeal this week.  And tofu.  And other soft things.  I'm not really up on the soft food oeuvre.  I guess cotton candy probably isn't indicated.  It's delicious though.

PS JD called Verizon and our internet works again.  In case you wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment