Monday, April 23, 2012

Not a paean to Pizza Hut

JD and I visited what I think may be the worst Pizza Hut ever today.  He wanted to eat out and pizza sounded fine.  The actual pizza wasn't too bad, but the place needed to put up a "sorry, we're carry out only" sign on the door.

They didn't have a pizza buffet.  They didn't have a salad bar.  (Both were on the menu.)  They had a fountain soda machine, but our drinks came in bottles.  The waitress didn't mention the fountain soda to explain the bottles.  My guess is the fountain soda machine has been broken or unsupplied for so long that she had forgotten about it.  We speculated if we would be charged for "refills" as the price of the drink was included in the meal, but probably with the assumption that they'd be using fountain drinks.  I had to ask for a second bottle of water, but at least we weren't charged for it.  I had to wonder.  If they didn't even have tap water available.. was the restaurant's water connection shut down?

The salads came with two choices of dressing...  in single serving squeeze packs.  We were each offered a plastic wrapped plastic fork to eat with.  Not even a plastic fork and knife set.  Just the fork.

Although the waitress was somewhat friendly, or at least not overtly aggressive, I'd have to rate this as one of my worst dining experiences.  I mean, if you're going to have plastic ware in the dining room, at least make it sturdy plastic.

I didn't want to make JD nervous, so I didn't mention until after we left that the particular store he chose to go to is the one that gets held up all the time.  It was light out, we were *probably* safe..

3 comments: