Thursday, March 1, 2012

Smaller pants day is almost as good as new sock day

<braindump>

I don't feel skinny, and in fact I'm six pounds heavier than I was when I got off the trail in 2010, but I can now wear the same pants I was wearing then.  Woot!  I wonder where the extra weight is hiding?

Pluto has started to gain weight.  He's about 30 pounds up.  It looks good on him.  (Actually, on second glance he's getting kind of a pot belly..) He needs some muscle rebuilt, which I will attempt to do with him on the longe.  Also, he is ready to shed out now.  And he still hates it when I brush his mane (aw, mom! says Pluto) but he just breathes out a long sign and lets his head sink down when I brush his tail.

And he didn't whinge about having to step in a puddle today, which made me wonder if I got the right horse.  Normally he would have rocketed over the puddle as if it contained acid.
Filthy, shedding horse refuses to look at camera.  Man, I need to get him a shorter halter.  Or put holes in that one, I guess.

Also he wouldn't look from this side.  I tried everything.  I waved.  I whistled.  I jumped.  I held out cookies.  Apparently he only wanted to be photographed in profile today.

Today was fabulous.  And I was in training or in a meeting almost the whole day.  I stepped out for 15 minutes or so to take a brief walk, and other than that I just longed to be outdoors.

I noticed that my eyes weren't dry and itchy this weekend despite the wind and the sun.  I wondered if the lack of coffee made the difference.  So I've had no coffee for the last two days, and I note that my eyes are not dry and itchy.  Hmmm.  (I've had hot drinks, just not coffee.)

Massage, epsom salt soaks, rest, and arnica cream have mostly healed my foot.  I don't think it's going to be up to much walking this weekend, though.  I might have to clean my house.

</braindump>

No comments:

Post a Comment