Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm not conflicted about whether or not I like french fries

I met Dr. M out at the farm this morning before work.  Pluto definitely seemed to be feeling better.  I can't tell you how I knew that, exactly.  It's not like he stretched his arms out and said "Man, am I ever feeling better!"  He just seemed more himself.  More interested in the world around him.

Except for the cough he gave after going back out into the field and rolling, that is.  If his cough doesn't completely go away, the doc has some horsey cough syrup for me to give him.  Here's hoping he gets all the way better without it, as I don't see dosing the horse with cough syrup as being a particularly fun activity.

It felt slightly weird to be back at the office today.  I had a slight sore throat of my own, but no fever and no trucks apparently ran me over last night, so it was a regular working day for me.  The last two days have been annoying.  I was home, the weather was beautiful, and I was too wiped out to go outside and seamseal my new tent.  What are the chances that I'm going to get another chance like that before the next time I want to use it (i.e., next weekend?)  I'd say slim to none.  Joe, the manufacturer, says he's seam sealed them his first night in camp when he hadn't had a chance to do so before leaving on a trip, but I don't see that working in early spring.  It'd be too cold for the goo to really set.  Plus there's always the possibility of rain.

The current forecast for next Saturday (here at home) is high of 72, low of 55, no precip.  Does that sound awesome or what?  Sounds like a beautiful day to be out and about.

Tomorrow, on the other hand, we have a forecasted high of 50.  And wind.  I think it will be a bit brisk as I head out on my hike.  If I head out on my hike.  My foot is talking back a little.

I'm struggling a little bit with the low carb diet.  I've cheated a bit. Today, for instance, the boss brought in hamantaschen.  I contemplated turning that down for about half a second.  And on Wednesday, when I was home sick, JD brought burgers and fries home for dinner.  I also did not argue with that.  (You're sick, he said.  You need the energy.)  So, not so much with the strictness.  I'm trying to convince myself to keep going, as my regular dieting strategies haven't worked at all (in the last year or so), and this has.   But I'm definitely missing some of my regular foods.  Not all of them.  Toast?  Eh.  Rice?  Skip it.  French fries?  Step away from my french fries and you won't get hurt.

So you could say I'm a little conflicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment