Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tomorrow: chocolate habanero chili

We've had a very quiet start to the year.  Our get together with neighbors ended well before midnight.  Just before the hour, JD walked up to me and showed me the seconds counting up to midnight on his iphone, so we were on time with our kiss.  And that was it.

Today all I've done is laze about and pack up Christmas decorations.  And make chili.  Originally I had thought about doing a brisk 12 mile stroll today, but when I woke up with a migraine I chucked that idea.  Maybe tomorrow.

I'm sad to see the lights go away, but then again I don't want to live with them all year.  The house is a much less merry place without all the twinkly lights, I must say.  I think I'm having post-Christmas let-down.

I think I'll go curl up with a dog and a book.  Happy 2012, y'all.

2 comments:

  1. you must be a fast packer. Ive been working on packing it all up for two days, and its gonna take at least tomorrow also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I didn't say I was done! We haven't taken any of the outside lights down, and the garland is still on the stairs. But the trees are dismantled and most of the interior decorations are in boxes.

    Of course, once everything is down JD still has to stow it all in the basement. It's a big job.

    ReplyDelete