Saturday, January 21, 2012

A fine rare day at home

It iced!  I had to stay home and wear comfy pants.  I have actually not set foot outside the house today.  It has been delightful.  Usually if I'm home all day it's because I'm sick.  It's been nice to enjoy my house when I feel good.

I slept in but I wasn't a complete sloth.  This morning I started pulling out books to sell on Amazon.  I'm not sure I'm actually going to sell them.  It seems like a bit of a hassle.  I need to research more how it all works.

This afternoon I went through my dressers and pulled out clothes to throw away, put away until such time as I'm a more appropriate size, or give away.  Amvets is coming on Wednesday so this is a perfect time to do that.

I'm also putting a little time into coming up with a better storage arrangement in our sunroom.  We stopped using it for sun a long time ago.  Now it just has stuff in it.  A sunroom is less than ideal for storage, since so many things don't like UV.  But a sunroom is what I have.  I'd like to put a lot of my camping gear in there, rather than stowing it in our tiny room upstairs.  I never use it up there, so it doesn't need to live up there.  A first floor location would be optimal.

At some point I'll figure out a better cat feeding solution, at which point I won't need to keep the sunroom gated, and then I could use it again as a sunroom. (Right now, all four cats are fed in the sunroom, and we have a gate up to keep the dog out.  My old dog was not particularly interested in food and I could leave both cat and dog food out all the time.  Boy, was I spoiled.)  But by then it will have turned into a storeroom completely.  Oy.

I feel that this house has a little too much living area and not nearly enough storage area.  Is what I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment