Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I don't exactly have the flu

But I wouldn't say that I definitely don't have the flu either.  What I do know is that I'm grateful for my flu shot this year.  I've had flu very bad before.  15 years ago, I caught it over New Year's.  I was sick for at least a month.  I was so sick I thought I might die, but I felt so badly that I didn't care anymore.  I had to go back to work after a while because I ran out of any kind of leave, but when my fever spiked every afternoon I'd go back home and go to bed.

Since then, I get my flu shot and am grateful when I get through the season without major illness.  Even if I get a little bit sick, like today, it is far, far better than the real, unadulterated flu.

I've spent most of my day in a pleasant coma, to which I hope to return shortly.  I'm a strong believer in lots of rest, lots of fluids, and occasional food to heal illness.

I felt great yesterday.  It figures.  When the ol' body is mounting an immune defense is when I usually feel the best.  Probably should have gone for the extra two miles while my white blood cells were rioting.

Oh!  When I've been awake, I've been reading Terry Croteau's book about her Appalachian Trail thruhike, "Footpath My Ass!".  She had me at the title and I was riveted all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment