Sunday, November 13, 2011

Things I saw this weekend

Horns!  I didn't know we had horned cows around here.

This little guy was so cute and skittish, and I think he has Italy on his butt.

A deer stand in a tree right next to the trail.  Hmph.  Is illegal to hunt there.

Merry Mary took a picture of me at High Rock before I got started.  It was too cold to stand around so I didn't actually go to the top for a view.

The moon as seen through the shelter's peak window

Mark and.. I forgot his trail name.  It was odd.  Bloisius?

The fire that I Tom Sawyered everybody into building.

So many leaves down.  Mid-sized rock wall ahead.


SO MANY branches down.  They were falling around me as I walked.  Winds were over 30 mph.


The only color left in the woods is yellow.  Pretty, though..

I forgot Maryland has these old stone walls.

The trail fell over!
The oddly Panera-like McDonald's I stopped at on the way home for fries and a mediocre sandwich.  

Most of Maryland is an easy ridge walk

Boyscouts.  I lost track of how many boy scouts I saw.  Sixty?  It was crazy.  Also, there was a view.

Looking east toward Myersville

.. And more easy ridge walking

Blaze orange and proud of it

I don't know what hill this is (Buzzard Knob?) but it was a nice climb and very pretty.  Met several hunters coming down it.

Do-not-eat berries

The new shelters are extremely swanky.

I could pretty much live here

2 comments:

  1. That last photograph looks SO cute! Gorgeous views too - I'm already missing Autumn walks since I live in Norway I cant be trusted to walk up high once the frost sets in... Too prone to falling apparently :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psht! Just keep away from the edge!

    ReplyDelete