Thursday, November 3, 2011

My physical fitness is overpowered by my snoozons

I did my morning chores last night.  I packed my lunch.  I laid out a set of workout clothing, and I packed work clothes to change into later.

I had such good intentions.

I didn't get to sleep particularly late, but when the alarm went off in the dark this morning, there was just no way I was getting out of bed without a life threatening emergency.  Going to the gym to work out was so far down the list, it scrolled to another page.  I hit the snooze button for an hour.  When I finally did get up, I barely had time to get to the office on time, let alone go to the gym first.

However, I am undeterred.  I have a plan.  Somewhere I have this gadget that will slowly turn on your light at a predetermined time.  That way, when your alarm goes off, it's not dark!  It's like sunrise, only more so because it's right there in the bedroom.  I can defeat my own stupid inner caveman.  The inner caveman what says "Tiger  in dark.  Tiger bad.  Stay in cave."  That one.

Now all I have to do is find the gadget, and a lamp that will work with it, and I'm golden.  Or sweaty.  Pre-buffed.  Yup.  Just you wait and see.

4 comments:

  1. A friend (also a sysadmin type) bought this item, and set it to make light then the "birds chirping" sound, and said it woke her very well when she had to get up much earlier than her normal rising hour.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XN4RIC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=gammoncopm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ninety dollars!

    The one I have is more like this:

    http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/ultralux_dawn_simulator_352_prd1.htm

    It's awesome.. when I remember to set it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After this Sat., daylight savings will be gone & it will be lighter earlier, for FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a little while. Then it will be dark early again. By the end of the year it will be dark until 7:27.

    ReplyDelete