Monday, November 7, 2011

I have Nemo brain

I am so tired.  I think it's going to be another early to bed night.  But the reason why I'm tired is really good.  I woke up an hour early (yay time change!) and went in to work, and worked out at the gym! Boo ya!  In your face, Internet!  You thought it wouldn't happen, didn't you?  Well, it did!  And I have the sore muscles to prove it.

I had a fairly productive morning, but I hit a wall at 3:30.  I couldn't remember the name of the editor I normally use.  Two syllables.  Starts with an N.  Nemo?  No, no, that's a fish.  Um.. Oh, right, nano.  It should not have taken that long, as "nano" is a word I type many times a day.

That's when I knew I shouldn't be root anymore.

I caught a second wind just in time to leave work.  Whew!  You do not want me driving on Nemo brain.  I mean, true, my body can pretty much navigate the whole way home without any input from my higher level functions.  But what if something new happened?  I'd end up in DC with no idea of how I got there.  Which would be bad, because I can't navigate AT ALL in DC.  Despite having grown up within a few miles of the border.  DC = the other end of a train ride for me.  And even then, I need to check a compass when I get off the train.

Of course I have a compass with me.  Have you met me?

When I got home I was overjoyed to find that my new Zpacks Exo backpack has arrived.  Perhaps at some point I will find the energy to pack it.

No comments:

Post a Comment