Friday, November 18, 2011

All the things in my head are unrelated

A few of my favorite pictures from my hikes in the last few months.  In retrospect?  Maine was really effing hard.  Seriously, who decided the trail in Maine should be insanely athletic?  Why? Isn't walking 2000 miles hard enough?









In less hikey thinking, I made a snap decision to go to the movies today.  "Breaking Dawn, part 1" came out today.  I went directly from work to the movie theatre.

I missed the sparkles.  (No daylight vampire shots.) And frankly the wolves did not spend enough time without shirts on.  But, I can see why they cut some stuff.  They already had to break it into two halves, and if they had kept true to the book they'd probably have had to break it into quarters.

Spoilers ahead.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

Things I liked:  the sympathetic portrayal of Leah. The skeletal-to-healthy transformation.  Bella changing into sneakers at her wedding.  The sympathetic portrayal of Rose.

Things I missed:  wolves running laps, Bella suffering during the transformation, Leah and Seth as they get used to being Jacob's Pack.

Things I can't wait for:  Bella's first day as a vampire.

Also, and completely unrelated:  World, you must stop doing the cat claw gesture.  You look like a buffoon.  Nobody who has ever made cat claw gestures with their hands has ever been effective.  You must stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment