Saturday, May 21, 2011

Try the raspberries, they're excellent

I slept in until nearly 8:30 this morning.  It was AWESOME.  And then I got up and ate sticks and twigs, because I'm responsible that way.

Also I ate a second breakfast.  Hobbitses!  We like the second breakfast.

Water crackers and natural peanut butter and the best raspberries I have ever had in my life, I swear to dog.


JD offered to go out to the farm with me, so I transferred the minimum amount of necessary doctoring stuff (gloves, paper towel, ointment, halter, lead rope, muck boots, and cookies) to his car and we set off.

Mystery was already out getting his pedicure, so Pluto was right there at the gate wanting to come out too.  I brought him out and made him all shiny, and gooped up his head, and fed him cookies.  You know.  The usual.  (His head is looking somewhat less bloody, fyi.)  After Mystery was done, Pluto got his feetsies done too.  Sam the Rottweiler came over to say hi and eat hoof shavings, and I made much of him, as I always do.  He's such a big sweetie.  He was mildly concerned that we might want his hoof shavings, but A) gross, and B) I am not about to try to take food away from a full grown Rottweiler, sweet or not.

We went home the short way so I could get lunch before meeting DeLee.  And I have to tell you about it because it was so very good.  We had no bread, so I made a burrito.  And in the burrito I put leftover Peachy Chicken, some pepperoni, and some ricotta, which I had heated up in the microwave.  Then I added cold pickle slices and a pile of alfalfa sprouts.

You cannot buy sandwiches like that.  You have to make them yourself.  Oh my goodness.

Also, I had a handfull of fresh blueberries.  I *love* the abundance of fresh fruit in the summer.  Were it possible, I would be a fruitatarian.

I sped off to see DeLee.  Or at least I intended to speed off.  The traffic was abysmal.  I tried getting back off at the first exit and taking back roads, but realized that I had spent so much time traversing them that I might as well have stayed in the backup, so I got back into the parking lot / highway.  And crept up to DeLee's.

Anyway I finally got there, and then we went to look at shoes.  Shoes!  All pink and shiny!  As it happens.  Apparently women's trail shoes are pink.

Our salesman was excellent.  He right away understood our issues with feet swelling after many miles, and needed enough support, and not wanting toes to touch the end.  For me brought out shoes in two adjacent sizes in every style of trail runner they had.  For DeLee he brought out a similar selection of walkers, as she wants something in which to train for one of those three day walks for charity.

We both found good options, then checked out the rest of the massive store (much bigger on the inside than it looks - RoadRunner in Columbia).  And then Delee asked if I wanted to see the Perfect Pour.

I may, technically, have been in heaven.
We walked around for an absurdly long time in that store.  I didn't even check out the wine or hard liquor, just the beer.  And I limited myself to buying a very few single bottles.  One dares not lose one's head, you know.  We wouldn't have room in the fridge for anything else if I tried everything I wanted.

I didn't forget my tea-totalling husband.  I got him some diet ginger beer and also some diet boutique root beer.

I arrived home hungry (again) and suggested we call Shirley to see if she wanted to get pizza.  As it happened she was on the porch, about to order pizza, so we went over and it was a huge pizza fest.

And, finally, I put all my entries into trailjournals for the week I was hiking with DeLee.  Whew!  Long day.  I shall have to retire to my fainting couch for a rest.

PS Apparently I didn't get raptured.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I <3 The Perfect Pour. I've started going to the Columbia Costco, because (a) the parking there does not suck and (b) it provides an excuse to visit Perfect Pour.

    ReplyDelete