Monday, May 2, 2011

Almost entirely medical, if you include mental health

My new glasses arrived today!  After Marc pointed me at a really cheap online glasses site, I ordered a pair.  I must say that I wouldn't have purchased them if I had tried them first, as the only places they touch my head are at my nose and behind my ears.  I'm trying to figure out if I can bend the ears so they don't squeeze as much.  If I can do that, they'll be awesome.  I splurged and got an expensive pair - for the frame, polycarbonate lenses, anti-reflection coating, two pairs of clip on shades, and shipping, it was about fifty bucks.  If I buy another pair I'll probably go for the $6 glasses.  At that price I can afford glasses for every day of the week, should I wish to have such a thing.

I am making a long to do list.  I have a bunch of things I need to accomplish by Thursday night so I can be ready to drive out to my hiking site and get started Saturday morning.  DeLee has apparently come down with outrageous poison ivy over the weekend and I'm a little worried that this is going to turn into a solo trip.  I hope she heals up enough to hike.  Right now she's in a fair amount of discomfort.  I haven't seen it yet but from the description it's a really bad case.  It came on fast which means she got a lot of exposure to the oils.  And that can go systemic pretty fast.  Luckily she got in to see a doctor this morning.  Now we all have to wait.  I'm sure she's the most anxious to have it go away, since she's the one with the itching.

I went a little nutty with the ebay-ing over the weekend.  Now I have nine items which I hope to ship out between Wednesday and Friday morning.  I've cleared out quite a lot of space on my camping gear shelves.  I may actually eventually be able to fit all the remaining camping gear on them!  That would be nice.  Of course, the kittens will just knock it all down, but one must start somewhere.  After that I have a few more odds and ends to try to sell - a vintage dress, a little more miscellaneous camping gear, maybe some other items I've never been able to throw away.  Then I plan to slow way down on the selling.  I'm getting pretty sick of being surrounded by boxes, and I'm sure JD is too.  I must say (again, probably) that ebay really is the neatest solution for me to things that I can't bring myself to throw away.  This happens to me frequently.  I don't want something, but it has too much value to toss or just give away.  I want to know that somebody wants it.  And heck, sometimes you can't even give stuff away but you can sell it.  Strange but true.

In the morning Beauty gets driven to the vet's office.  She keeps acting lethargic.  It's only off and on, but it's worrisome since she's on some potentially dangerous medicine.  She doesn't love going to the vet, but I want to keep her around for a long, long time.  So she gets a drive, and I get a bill.  Really neither of us will be happy.

Wish me luck that the chiropractor (human doc, this time) gives me a clean bill of health.  I'm more than ready to take off my sacroiliac brace, and I hope to have this hiking trip be as pain free as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment