Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I couldn't blog yesterday, I was flooping

I woke up floopy yesterday.  Which, given that it was 6:40 on a day off, was understandable.  I fed the dog and then went back to bed.

I woke up again at 10:40.  What's with the 40?  I don't know.  I struggled up out of bed and went downstairs, where I realized that I was still both sleepy and tired.  The day before had started at 5:40 and ended at 11:30.  So maybe I had just had a long day?

I felt just like this.

It never went away, though.  I didn't exactly mope around the house, but I was not spritely either.  I flolloped.  I lay about.  I started watching tv (a DVD of the Castle cast at Paleyfest) but that didn't hold my attention.  I just sat around.

Really I should have gone back to bed and napped all afternoon, but that would have required the gumption to go back upstairs.

I didn't even have the interest required to make or purchase a real lunch.  I ended up with our remaining raspberries and a few water crackers with cheese spread on them.  I wonder what happened to my post-hike appetite.  Normally I want fries or some other high calorie item.  This time I stopped at a gas station on the way out and got a huge Slurpee (it was hot out), a small bag of potato chips, and grapes.

A)  They had fresh grapes at a gas station.  When did that start?
B)  I liked the grapes better than the chips.  When did that start?

Anyway, flooping all day yesterday seems to have set me straight.  I'm going to go out to the farm before work to see my horse, and then I'm bopping on in to work.  And I might even go to the gym after work, because despite all the backpacking that has happened recently, I'm feeling kind of out of shape.  Gotta pump some iron.  Gotta crunch some crunches.  Gotta remember not to do any of the exercises that involve my sacroiliac.

No comments:

Post a Comment