Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shirley thinks we dum simmed

I've been trying to gather my gear for next weekend's backpacking trip.  How come it's so frustrating every time?  I can't find my X.  I don't remember the last time I saw my Y or Z.  It's all alphabetical up in here.

So, as I do every single time, I'm making a list of items that I need to locate (or refill) before I leave for the trip.  I hope that folding the laundry will provide me with all the clothing (except my silk shirt, which I have no idea where it is but I know I haven't worn it recently.)  I know I have at least three headlamps and I'm not sure where any of them are right now.  And since it's been more than a week since my last backpacking trip, I no longer have a fresh mental list of what I usually take.  Oy. (Although, I do have gear lists from previous trips.  That helps.)

Anyway, that's what I'm doing this evening.  That, and slowly migrating all my camping equipment to the sunroom, so that in the future it'll be a little handier (as compared to scattered around the entire upstairs.)  (And downstairs.  The stuff is freaking everywhere.)

This morning, I slept in, and then when Shirley and Susan got home from their respective churches, we went out for dim sum!  Unfortunately, by the time they got home from church and we got over to Wheaton, the pickings were getting a little slim.  I never did see some of my favorite items.  It was still tasty, though.

Shirley pouring tea while we waited (and waited) for somebody to come by with food.

Shrimp and chive dumplings, chicken curry egg rolls, some kind of noodle thing

I got to try a few things I'd never had before, so that was nice.  But if we go back, it'll be earlier.  We think the sweet spot is around 11:30.  Also, yesterday may have been overdoing it.  I was hungry again by the time we left the restaurant.  Stupid appetite!

Also also, there may be some apocalyptic kind of thing going on, because Andy voluntarily ate next to Olli today.  It was totally his idea.  I'd keep an eye out for dogs playing with cats (crap!  this totally happens here!) and other omens and portents.

Andy acting like it's totally normal for him to be this close to Olli.  Olli being shy about having his picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment