Saturday, February 4, 2012

Never mind about Pluto. Look at Blue go!

I went out to ride Pluto today, and the rotter is sick!  Again!  This time he appears to have a cold.  I've lost track.  Let's see.. I think it started with him colicking last winter.  Then the bloody thing on his jaw.  Then the second round of that.  Then his UTI.  And losing weight.  Now a cold.

The poor guy has really been through the wringer this year.

I groomed him, blanketed him, and put him back out in his field.  I figure if he's sick, he doesn't need to waste any more calories than he has to on keeping warm.  Even without the snot and the coughing, I'd have figured out something was wrong when he didn't try to misbehave at all.  I even left him tied to the post while I went in to use the loo, and when I came back he was just standing there placidly.  That's not normal.

Sigh.  I finally feel up to riding and now he's not up to it.  We have stinky timing.

I went to watch Tara get ready for her ride, and Timber was feeling FINE.  And so was Blue.



I came home, took off my completely unnecessary riding pants, and folded laundry.  We fold the laundry on the bed, and when all the clothing was stowed I could feel the bed calling me.  I lay down right on top of the covers and nodded off.  And so did JD.  I dragged his big comforter over me after a while, and I was zonked.

I woke up and thought I'd turn over and give the other side a go, but then I glanced at the clock.  Crap!  It was time to leave for a social event.  And it was raining.  And we'd have to walk in the rain.  I looked over at JD and said "I don't know about you, but I don't really feel like going out tonight anymore."  He didn't either. I hopped onto the internet to send our regrets, and we settled in for a cozy evening at home.

My back, btw, feels fine.  My neck is a little stiff from the various weightlifting I'm doing at PT, but my lower back feels as good as it has in ages.  I can feel the poky parts of my bad vertebrae grinding if I lean forward or back in a chair, but it doesn't hurt when I stand or bend.  Which is awesome.  I love PT.  Right now anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment