Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I want an operating system divorce

Life is kicking my butt a little bit.  I feel too busy.  Need some downtime.  A boring evening, perhaps.  Maybe even a boring weekend.  I'm thinking mid-March.

I spent my whole day wrestling with OSX.  I am so over that operating system.  Someday, if we sit down with some beer, I will tell you why, in great detail.  But for right now let's just say that it is not sys-admin friendly.  It's not server friendly.  It pretty much wants to eat your dogs and babies.  It's fine for the desktop, but trying to use it as a real server is just asking for trouble.

While I was still at work cursing at OSX and saying "Are you kidding me?"  (I feel the same way about OSX server that I do about trail layout in Maine) poor JD was home feeling sick.  I'm pretty sure he caught the cooties I brought home from Tennessee.  Poor guy.  He was already in bed when I got home from yoga tonight.  With luck I won't wake him up when I creep on up to bed.

Okay, Wednesday.  You're done.  Two more days, and then it's hiking time.  And dim sum time.  And then hiking time again.

2 comments: