Saturday, November 5, 2011

sig-beer = task accomplished

Back = ow. 

Today was the first time since early September that I went out to the park for my regular weekend hike. I stopped, of course, because I caught Lyme disease again. And then after I healed, I waited for it to get cold out. I don't want to frequent Tick Central during tick season anymore. 

So it had been a while. Normally, hiking doesn't bother my back. I don't know what I did differently today. Maybe nothing. Maybe it's just one of those days. Whatever the reason, my back is Cranky. Oy. So tired of juvenile angsty back. Stupid spine. 

After the walking and the back spasm, I had a delightful interval of Chinese food plus getting warm. Have you noticed that it's cold out? You may not have if you don't spend time outside. If you only go between your vehicle and your car, you probably don't know what I'm talking about. But if you spend several hours at a time outside doing pretty much anything, you must have noticed. It took me two hours of hot food and hot drinks and a hot shower and a nap under three blankets to feel good and warm again. 

Post-nap, JD and I metroed into the city for beer. This is something I've been doing for coming up on twenty years now. It's still the same bar, but the name has changed. And sadly the food has changed. Who ever heard of a bar that doesn't sell bar food? The closest appetizer to onion rings was risotto balls. Risotto. Balls. Seriously. I do not wear trendy hipster pants and I am not eating risotto with my beer down in the basement. Dammit. 

Anyway, we went to the now-hipster bar and saw the same old friends and had the same old great time. Pretty sure my weekend is meeting its fantastic but low key goal, back issues being neither here nor there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment