Saturday, May 19, 2012

Plans that didn't happen

Today was a lost, do-nothing day.  It didn't start out that way.  I had many plans.  First, get up at 6.  Meet DeLee at 7.  Go hiking out at Rosaryville, then get cleaned up and head out to Annapolis Mall.  Get some lunch, then buy clothes to wear to Alex's wedding.  Drive home so DeLee could go to her evening engagement, then go to the movies to see the Avengers.

Only the first part happened.  I got up at 6 and texted DeLee to make sure she was awake, then fed all the animals.  I started to become aware that everything wasn't quite right as I was feeding them.  I felt a little crampy.  Hmm.  Instead of a big breakfast I had a banana, water, and a cup of decaf.  And started hurting more.  I told DeLee I was going to have to cancel.

I sat there, wondering if I had the world's worst case of gas, and if I should go to the ER.  Then I started wondering if maybe I should call an ambulance, as passing out from the pain was starting to seem like an option.  My gut jabbed me with a vengeance.  I hobbled into the living room and lay down in the recliner, as sitting upright was just too painful.  And then the pain started to recede.

I went upstairs and went back to bed.  4-5 hours later I woke up.  I still have a feeling of pressure, but I'm not having tremendous pain.  My guess?  (And I can only guess because I'm no doc, and neither can I see into my innards.)  Ruptured ovarian cyst.  Nothing to be done for it.  After googling and pondering, I'm just grateful that it was over so quickly.

So.  Unexercised.  Still nothing to wear to the wedding.  But on the up side, I didn't spend $3k today having an ER doctor tell me that I'd be fine.  (I mean, I would have, if it hadn't started feeling better.  But it didn't become necessary.)

You know who is isn't feeling all that great today?  The Schnork.  She didn't want any food this evening, and spent a couple of hours sleeping in the cats' heated bed.  I feel for her.

While I was lazing around the house, I watched movie trailers.  And I noticed the movie Albert Nobbs.  I decided to rent it.  It was cheaper than going out to the movies, at least.  I'd say it's a pretty excellent film.  It's a sad story, though.  No happy ending for Albert.

I think it'll be an early night for me, assuming I can sleep after that long nap.  And then in the morning, also assuming I feel better, off to the mall to look for clothing.  Because that's not going to happen on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment