Saturday, May 12, 2012

He's so hip he can't see over his own bum

Andy does not have the tolerance for recreational drugs that you would expect from a cat of his evident hipness.  He got totally wasted last night.  It was embarrassing.

I noticed a couple of days ago that he had a small mat of hair on his belly.  Unlike the Schnork, he is not a fan of the belly rubbing.  Especially when the rubbing involves scissors.  My options were taking him to the vet, trying to figure out some system of restraint that wouldn't injure everybody involved, or drugging him.  I went with the Xanax.

We used to give Trouble 1/3 of a tablet to zone him out for fluids under the skin.  I figured with Andy being both larger and more healthy than Trouble was, that 1/2 tablet would be all right.  And an hour after I gave it to him, he was pretty relaxed but not dopey.  I figured I had gotten it right.

However, an hour after THAT he was still overbalancing and then pretending that he meant to do that.  He had that "I know I'm drunk, but I'm going to pretend to be sober and hope the cop doesn't notice" look.  I ended up sleeping in the guest room so I could keep a sleepy eye on him during the night.  It took hours for him to sober up.

I guess in retrospect, you'd expect a grizzled veteran like Trouble to be able to hold his licker better than a middle aged lad like Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment