Sunday, May 1, 2011

More pictuers of camping gear, plus a cat

Dori checking out my latest acquisition.



That is one puffy sleeping bag, for sure.
These are pictures of my new Montbell Super Spiral U.L. Down Hugger #1, i.e. a stretchy but I hope warm sleeping bag.  In theory it's a fifteen degree bag, but I will be happy if it just keeps me warm down to freezing, unlike the thirty degree bag from the same line.  I got in it and verified that it is too warm for a seventy degree room.  I'm not going to have weather cold enough to really test it before DeLee and I go hiking, so I am just hoping for the best.  If nothing it else, it is much.. oranger than my old bag.  

Even the bag that it came in is huge and puffy. 
 I set my LightHeart Awning tent up in the yard again.  I replaced some of the guy lines with reflective lines, and I added some gadgets to help me tighten the guy lines.  I am still undecided about the tent.  On the one hand, I can't get it set up really taut, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  But on the other hand, it was rained on this afternoon and it is still bone dry inside.  And if we did accidentally get good weather, this is an *awesome* tent for stargazing. Both sides of the fly roll up to the top, leaving you with acres of mesh through which to see stars.  And if I wear my glasses I'll even be able to see them.
Also I still can't get over my feeling of claustrophobia,  having my head in the point of the tent.
This trip with DeLee has turned into a bit of a troubleshooting event for me.  I will be testing out a fair amount of gear.  I'm certain I won't freeze to death or be totally miserable, but I might be a little uncomfortable.  Which will only make me appreciate JD and civilization more so bonus!  Drinks all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment