Sunday, September 25, 2011

In which I don't have nearly enough fried food

JD had a hankering for some Chanan's this weekend.  We tried to eat moderately beforehand so as not to blow the calorie budget.  It was a little easier for him since he did 12 miles while I was sleeping in this morning.

Still love the fact that our local joint is a Mongolian grill
I started with soup and plantains, as one does.
And then a bunch of vegetables, a little tofu, and some chicken.  Note:  not as good when  you cut back on the sauces.  It tasted primarily of parsley.

And more veggies, and one piece each of coconut and General Tso's chicken, because they are hard to resist.  Plus several french fry bits.
Then, the traditional honeydew pieces with loquat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loquat

There was some kind of manufacturing error with my fortune cookie.  I got two cookies (well, one cookie and some crumbs) and three fortunes.
After the restaurant we went grocery shopping.  I stocked up on veggies and fruits.  That was most of the cart actually.  When I got home I cleaned and packaged enough for all my snacks this week.  If nothing else my upcoming week will be crunchy.

Sadly I wasn't actually full after all that.  Or after all that plus grocery shopping plus a couple of hours.  I went into the living room away from all the food to read for a while.  However, I live in a houseful of cats, so I was not left in peace.

First Olli tried to shoot me with his laser beams.  He has cleverly concealed himself under the rug where nobody can see him.  At all.

Dori either doesn't realize how hard it is to read with her between my face and everything else, or she doesn't care.  Guess which.
So it was a pretty exciting day here at Chez Dori.  Whew!  I'm going to have to take a nap to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment