Friday, April 8, 2011

Government Shutdown 2011

I got all my paperwork together today to get a new passport. I got one in 2007 or 2008 at JD's request. We never left the country, and then we got married and I changed my name. Now the dang passport is useless. However, with $110, a new photo, and a marriage certificate, I can get one that might get me across borders, should the option ever come up again.

That was the good part of my day. The rest was anxiety and running in circles over the impending federal shutdown. I am not good with uncertainty, or situations over which I have no control. (like many people I suppose) Knowing that the jackholes holding the future hostage are people with whom I violently disagree doesn't help.

However, I am looking forward to some unplanned vacation time. Assuming congress doesn't suddenly grow some sanity over the weekend, I look forward to some sleeping in, lazy mornings with my sweetie, horseback riding, and hiking. It'll be like summer vacation except for the warm part.

(typed on my iPhone due to computer unavailability, and therefore not checked for spelling. Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment