Friday, June 1, 2012

I don't think this happens to other people

The weather was fantastic yesterday.  I didn't get a chance to go for a walk because my job has amped up recently, but I did stop by the farm in the evening to see Pluto.  He's doing well.  I didn't have my wound spray with me (it's too hot to leave stuff in the car during the day) so he still has Swat on his bug bites, but at least they're finally healing.  Bonnie let me use some of her silver solution on them.  Worked like a charm.

When I walked him back to his field, he startled and pulled away from me.  We were already inside the field so no big, right?  But he still had on his halter.  And 10 foot lead rope.  He galloped like an idiot down to the other end of the field to stand with Mystery.  That way they could both stare at Sergio getting dinner ready.

I heaved a deep sigh and started trudging across the field to catch him again.  Pluto saw me and hauled ass back my way, screeching to a halt about an inch from me.  He turned his head so I could unbuckle his halter, and then immediately after I pulled it off he wheeled and galloped back down the field.

I hollered after him "I guess you forgot something, eh?"

At least he remembered he needed to get his halter off.

And he didn't manage to kill himself by tripping over the lead rope.  That was nice.  At this point he has a fair amount of experience with dangling leads.

In unrelated news, I'm going to put up an ad at the feed store and the tack shop.  I'm looking for a dressage rider to half lease Pluto so he can get ridden over a walk.  He misses trotting and cantering.

No comments:

Post a Comment