Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I stare at maps

So, I've been home for a solid two days now.  I'm hungry and I ache all over from sitting in a desk chair all day.  Which means I'm already planning my next excursion.

Technically my next excursion is next weekend with DeLee, but that will just be overnight, and I expect it to be fun and easy.  I am not bothering with much planning.

The excursion I'm planning now is for next year.  I figure I'll have about two weeks of vacation to blow on long distance hiking.  So, which section to do?  I have fewer than 250 unhiked miles of Appalachian Trail to pick from so my options are getting a wee bit slim.

I could opt to go south again, and do Mahoosuc Notch before I get any older or more decrepit.  Although that would mean doing Mahoosuc Arm southbound, which doesn't sound like fun.  Maybe I could start in Gorham, New Hampshire and hike north up to Rangeley?  That's only 78 miles but some of them are tough miles.

I need to order some new maps, obviously.  Gotta get some staring done.  JD reads books at night and I stare at maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment