Friday, October 26, 2012

Pink rhinestones and the Frankenstorm

JD got the Schnork a new tag for her collar today.  Instead of saying "Princess" with my phone number, it now says "THE SCHNORK" with my phone number.  And it has pink rhinestones on it.  So it's official.  Gotta call the vet and change it in the records.

The Schnork just made me crack up.  I heard her chewing on something, and she was enjoying it far too much.  So I went to see what she was chewing on, and by the time I got there she had scuttled away.  LIKE I WOULDN'T NOTICE.  She only scuttled four feet to her crate, though, so I still discovered her.  Somehow.  She was chewing on the much folded paper for the Buckyball instructions.  She didn't even try to kill me when I took it away, which is what she usually does.  She's like a tiny hair chainsaw.

Are any other physicists bothered by Bucky Ball toys? It drives me nuts every time I see them.  THOSE ARE NOT BUCKYBALLS.  This is a buckyball.  Note how it has nothing to do with children's toys or swallowing magnets.  Those other guys are totally misusing the words!  Come up with another name, you yahoos!

*******

I am inaugurating this weekend with laundry, as it was pointed out to me that we wouldn't get much laundry done without power.  And we had a LOT of laundry.  Why no power, you say?  Funny you should ask.  Apparently the bastard child of a massive hurricane and a nor'easter is bearing down on us.  They are calling it Frankenstorm, as it should arrive around Halloween.  But we expect to lose power prior to that because the thing is hundreds of miles wide, so wind and rain will precede it.  The power companies are actually calling customers to warn them of impending outage.  When they call you ahead of time, it's a bad sign.

We've stocked up on bottled water and Halloween candy, so we're pretty much good.  Other than the need for more clean underwear.

JD and I have a long list of tasks to accomplish this weekend, starting with cleaning out the gutters and securing loose items in the yard.  Something tells me that I won't be hiking this weekend.  But I WILL be giving another frigging speech, as the next level of humorous speech contest is this weekend.  I feel kind of dirty because I bought and installed Microsoft Office on our home computers so that I can give the Powerpoint presentation that goes with the speech.  First time I ever bought a Microsoft thingie.  I don't know that my honey oatmeal soap is strong enough to wash that feeling away.

Also JD and I will be working on our costumes for Halloween.  Also Beauty and the Schnork's costumes.  Actually just JD will be doing that, as I don't normally dress up dogs.  Oh, also?  JD bought the Schnork a pink sweater, and also a pink vest.  With rhinestones.

I've checked.  He's still not gay.




No comments:

Post a Comment