Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Looking forward to my steamed crap upgrade

I am having a day.  I shall present it in random order.

I am not entirely certain, but I think that my scotch (Lagavulin) may have liquid smoke in it.  It is not an improvement. 

I am not sick, but then neither am I well.  As far as I can tell, every joint that has ever been abused (which at last count includes all of my fingers and toes, much of my feet, parts of my hands, my knees, my hips, my entire spine, and my collar bone area) is aching with the cool damp weather we're having today.

The nicest thing said to me today was "Hoping you upgrade to steamed crap."

I just ran out of chocolates.

My vet knows some dressage riders looking for rides, so I may be able to find somebody to ride/lease Pluto soon.  I have mixed emotions about this.  I think it's a good idea, but it also makes me want to cry.

The Schnork peed right next to the wee pad, again.

While driving home from work I got this insanely bad headache which made me think that aliens might burst out of my left temple.

I spent an hour and a half on a telecon today, and they didn't say anything very relevant to me until the last three minutes.  And then just as I was logging out somebody started to say something very very relevant, but it was too late.  My hand finished pushing the button.

I STILL haven't gotten much done on my security plan, and I am worried about what will happen next year when our current one expires.  Despite this, I can't seem to carve out time to work on it.  Things keep happening.  Things involving spacecraft, IT security, new hardware, and other issues which are my actual job and not just a government requirement.

I am cranky, and my husband is also cranky, and there is a chance that our joint crankiness could explode into outright grumpiness.

I'm worried about my dad, who is only just released from the hospital and still has a way to go to get back to healthy, and I'm worried about my mom who is spending all her energy being there for Dad.

********************

So I'm drinking smoky scotch because I don't have any other scotch, and I'm hoping it will be sunny out tomorrow.  Sunny days are nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment