Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm leaving on a train tomorrow

You know what is no fun?  Is living in the mid-Atlantic in summer with no air conditioning.  That derecho knocked out our power and I got to spend several unpleasant days with the two dogs and four cats, and all of us suffered.  Just sitting still, I had sweat rolling off of me.

The power went out at 11:30 or so on Friday night, and came back on at 3:30 Monday morning.  That doesn't sound like very long in retrospect, but it felt like forever right then.  And I couldn't open the fridge or freezer, where all the yummy stuff is.  I pretty much ate granola bars.  I didn't even want the granola bars.  It was too hot to be hungry.  What I wanted was a huge cold drink with a lot of ice.  Instead I drank 90 degree 0 calorie PowerAde because we had some in the sunroom.

Man.

Anyway, that's over.  Now it's time to go hiking.  I decided to go ahead and do a trail journal again.  It's kind of a last minute decision.  I am not promising journalistic excellence.

This link probably works.

I've spent much of the last two weeks clutching my right arm which hurt a lot for something that didn't even get scraped.  I finally got an MRI on Friday, and got the results today.  I have arthritis.  The arthritis got irritated and pinched a nerve.  This is an improvement over the two previously proposed options, which were a herniation of a previously bulging disk, or a brain tumor (because I also have increased migraines and dizziness).  So arthritis is looking pretty good at the moment.  Although, last year's MRI of my neck only showed one bulging disk, and this one shows four.  I am self destructing quickly.  I'm now up to eight bulging disks.

I might get all wacky and try acupuncture.  Or something.  But first I'm going hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment